"Her Brother will be avenged."
―Tagline for the film.
Phantasy Star or Phantasy Star: The Movie (ファンタシースターザムービー) in Japan is an upcoming American-Japanese comedy-drama science fiction action-adventure fantasy animated film produced by First Level Animation, and distributed by Paramount Pictures. The film was directed and written by Milton Colon. It is based on the Sega's most popular Role-playing game series, Phantasy Star. While the plot is centered on the first Phantasy Star game on the Sega Master System.
After her brother was murdered by Lassic (Liam Neeson), Alis Landale (Laura Bailey) swears revenge and sets off on a Journey to defeat Lassic once and for all. She then meets Odin (Will Ferrell), a Warrior, Noah (Thomas Middleditch), A wizard, and Myau (Michele Knotz), A catlike creature, As they all aid her on her adventure.
Main English Cast
- Laura Bailey as Alis Landale- a fifteen-year-old girl who claims revenge on Lassic for Killing her Brother, Nero. She is the main protagonist of the film.
- Liam Neeson as King Lassic- The ruler of Algo until the evil incarnate Dark Force corrupted him and transformed him into an evil dictator. He is the main antagonist of the movie.
- Ben Schwartz as Nero - Alis' older brother who tried discovering Lassic's plans, but ended up getting murdered.
- Will Ferrell as Odin - A warrior who aids Alis on her Journey.
- Thomas Middleditch as Noah- A wizard who joins Alis in her adventure.
- Michele Knotz as Myau - A catlike creature who listens to any command given by Alis, Who also joins Alis on her Quest.
- Jim Carrey as a Robocop
- Morgan Freeman as The Governor of Motavia
- Max Martini as The Narrator
Main Japanese Cast
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Alis Landale
- Kazuhiko Inoue as Lasheic
- Taishi Nakagawa as Nero
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Tyron
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Lutz
- Aoi Yūki as Myau
- Takashi Kondō as The Narrator
Colon had the idea of making a Phantasy Star shortly after learning the true story. He said, "The Adventure of a Life Time is coming to Theaters!" On July 31, 2019, Colon made posters promoting the movie's release in Japan, and America. He stated that the movie will be rated R15+ in Japan and rated PG-13 in America.
Colon wrote the script via Google Docs, In July 2019.
Colon stated that the animation will be done all by himself.
See page: Phantasy Star/Soundtrack
Theatrical Short Film
A short film titled "Streets of Blaze" will be released with the movie. The short film is based on the video game, Streets of Rage by Sega.
A manga will be released.
A week before the film's release, Kotobukiya will release figures based on Alis, Odin, Noah, and Myau.
A Story mode based on the Movie will be released on Phantasy Star Online 2.
- Paramount Pictures - None.
- Sega - Much like the Logo for Sonic the Hedgehog, But it focuses on Phantasy Star instead of Sonic.
- First Level Animation - None
First Level Animation and Paramount. Pictures accepted the rights to use the term Phantasy Star. They also accepted the rights to use Phantasy Star characters in the film. The characters and the terms are owned by Sega Games Co., Ltd. The names and looks of the characters that did not originate from Phantasy Star belongs to its respective owners.
The image belongs to the owner of the page, and special thanks to Jalen Sonic Gamer for remaking it even better.
© 2020 First Level Animation, Paramount Pictures, and Sega Games Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
- This is the second film based on a Sega game to be distributed by Paramount Pictures. The first was Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Voice actors from the English and Japanese dub are also Voice actors in this film.