This article is rated R, meaning it contains content that may be inappropriate for readers under 17. This may contain strong sexual references, violence, language, or drug use, so readers are strongly cautioned.
Jahseh “Zay” Waynes is an up-and-coming rapper that was raised in Trenton, New Jersey. His father, Calvin, had to deal drugs to support his family, as well as having his sister, Janelle, and his mother, Donna, took on sexual acts for money, which meant the family had many other shortcomings. When he turns 18, Zay decides to move to an undecided city where rap is popular (Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, etc.) and starts a rap career. He also brings his cousins, Vontae “Von” Anderson and Tyreek “Ty” Simmons, to help him along the way and overtake the rap scene - and most importantly - save his family.
an * indicates that the actor/actress is going by their rap/stage name rather than their real name
- Quavo* as Jahseh “Zay” Waynes
- Travis Scott* as Vontae “Von” Anderson
- Meek Mill* as Tyreek “Ty” Simmons
- Nicki Minaj* as Janelle Waynes
- Snoop Dogg* as Calvin Waynes
- Mariah Carey as Donna Waynes
- Zay’s first name is Jahseh, which is in honor of the late rapper/singer XXXTentacion, whose full name was Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy. X was shot and killed on June 18, 2018, at the age of 20.
- This is the first R-rated movie that Spectromite Entertainment has produced.
- This movie will contain tributes to many late rappers, such as XXXTentacion, Juice WRLD, Pop Smoke, Nipsey Hussle, Lil Peep, Mac Miller, Fredo Santana, 2Pac, Biggie Smalls, and more.